An exploration of New York’s rising independent creative class
SOLO NYC is an intimate look at the trials and triumphs of New York’s rising class of creative freelancers. The 6:45 min documentary film, directed by award-winning creative and independent filmmaker Daniel Soares, is AND CO‘s first film exploring the future workforce.
In the alleyways, back kitchens and matchbox studios tucked away in countless of bustling, yet remarkably unglamorous, neighborhoods wedged within the most vibrant city in the world, there’s magic is happening. Every damn day.
New York’s professional style understated yet relentless. Showing up, doing your best—and doing things a little differently—is the mantra of millions of people who rise with the sun to chase their dreams. With a little luck and a lot of sweat, millions of men and women are making their career ambitions happen, and doing so outside of the traditional career path.
- Director: Daniel Soares.
- Produced by: AND CO, Martin Strutz.
- Featuring: Alex Trochut (Lettering Artist), Helen Levi (Pottery Design), Zipeng Zhu (Creative Director), Adriana Urbina (Urban Chef).
- Director of Photography: Anna Franquesa Solano.
- Editor: Alvaro Del Val.
- Colorist: Joe Wenkoff.
- 1st AC: Alex Kosorukov.
- Post Production: Uppercut NYC.
- Music: Nordmeister, Unseen Music, Almkvist, Steven Gutheinz.
- Sounddesign: Brian Bernard